In 2019, adidas handled 18 cases using its third-party complaint mechanism where complainants were able to report instances without fear of repercussions from the company, thus workers at adidas are now more willing to step forward. Of these, six were new, while 12 were carried over from the previous year. The company resolved ten of these cases during the year and disqualified one case.
Examples of complaints received and resolved related to gender issues:
- Verbal, and sexual harassment and abuse
- Threats of dismissal issued to factory worker representatives due to their efforts to form a labour union
- A dispute relating to the amount of severance payable to approximately 20% of workers laid off following the closure of a factory
- Neglecting to pay workers the legal minimum wage, employing unlawful contract workers, and offering insufficient coverage of social security and health insurance
- Dismissal of factory workers following a strike over back wages and other demands
- Terminating a worker protected by post-maternity immunity without authorisation of the Ministry of Labour